Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 18:18 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMA - New commissioner
It seems to be commonplace in other leagues that you have an AMA when you move into or out of new positions in the league, and while it's currently 28C inside my office currently and the commissioner announcement went up recently, I thought it be a good time as any to answer some questions. I'll try and keep up with the thread throughout the weekend and going into next week, so shoot me some questions should you have them.

QUOTE (Sermokala @ Aug 14 2022, 07:30 PM)
I'm not going to ask for a commitment about anything but I do need to ask about football manager 2023.

Do you have interest in moving over when it is released?

What features about fm 23 do you want to see coming?

What are your clubs?

Best airport you've ever been in, worst airport you've ever been in.

There are so many people that are involved in the league, and probably more once FM23 gets released, which means that when the league decides to move to a new engine it will be a costly transition. I wouldn't really start a discussion for an engine change unless there are some very advantageous changes that happen between versions or there is a way to get a hefty discount on the purchase.

Regardless for any future version I would love to see the something added to the engine similar to what we are running, where you are a Commissioner of a league. Now I seriously doubt that it would ever be added as it's not really relevant to what the vast majority of FM users do with the game. One feature that I would LOVE to see is a way to more easily export data with a single button or something similar. Right now the work required to export the individual statistics takes a lot of clicks...

I haven't really followed league football that seriously in my life but one team that has stuck with me throughout the years is Bayern Munich. The era with Robben and Ribéry playing on the opposite wings has really influenced how I look at interesting football as an adult. In other leagues, me playing 30+ years with Tottenham in FM13 placed them close to my heart, but I haven't really followed them after that.

The worst airport I've ever been in is probably Arvidsjaur airport, if you could call it that. Barely place for a single small plane to land and the building itself did not consist of anything more than a gate and check-in. The best airport is tougher because I can't really clearly remember any of them. As a kid I loved the airports that had these flat escalators that could speed up your walking.

QUOTE (RashfordU @ Aug 13 2022, 10:03 PM)
Glad to have you at the helm!

1) What is something that excites you about where the SSL is right now?
2) Which Div 2 team do you think has the best chance at being promoted and how do you think they would fair in Season 6?
3) What is your number 1 goal for S5 as the Commissioner?

1) I think having a league where every game matters is great. The pro/rel structure gives more teams games to fight for during a longer period of the season and it creates interesting matchups in the Cup. The stories that can come off of a team in the lower leagues either beating a higher league team in the Cup or having a great couple of seasons moving up through the system is really interesting!

2) Accra has certainly taken a chunk of all their opponents in the first couple of matchdays, and they don't look like they're stopping anytime soon. I think they have a good chance of sticking around in the first division next season as well.

3) My goal for this season is to try and create a simple and streamlined way of working with all aspects of the leagues. The league runs thanks to the work of a whole bunch of different dedicated users and finding ways to make the workload simpler while maintaining the same level of "quality" in the end result.

[Image: 0HMDG8L.png]
Thanks to @sulovilen

Glad to have you at the helm!

1) What is something that excites you about where the SSL is right now?
2) Which Div 2 team do you think has the best chance at being promoted and how do you think they would fair in Season 6?
3) What is your number 1 goal for S5 as the Commissioner?

I'm not going to ask for a commitment about anything but I do need to ask about football manager 2023.

Do you have interest in moving over when it is released?

What features about fm 23 do you want to see coming?

What are your clubs?

Best airport you've ever been in, worst airport you've ever been in.