Forum Clock: 2024-08-01 15:18 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camavinga pt. IV
After their stellar start into the regular season, centerback Abdoulaye Camavinga and his F.C. Kaapstad have been met by reality's hard fist: They lost games left and right in quite demoralizing fashion, making it quite obvious that there's a lot of work ahead of them to get out of Division 2. Whether it was the regularly scheduled league games or their cup matchup with Cairo - the South Africans dropped their games left and right, and it was rarely pretty to watch.

Still, this isn't a direct downfall for the team: They're still proud of their magnificent start, rather taking those chances as the work relentlessly to grow both individually and as a team. "Do I like losing games in such fashion? Obviously not," said Camavinga, "nobody likes to go down like this. That I can surely tell you. But we don't let that distract us from the truth, the reality - we're an upstart Team after all. We gladly take all those points we can gobble up, and we have to accept the losses where we get thoroughly pummeled."

Going forward Camavinga is trying to put in the daily grind to make himself a player that can compete with the league's top talent. Currently he's doing his utmost to round out his game - not necessarily to become a ball playing defender, but to suffice the most pressing demands of teamplay. Afterwards he wants to work on his the core defensive skills, which he hopes to get on the ground quickly. "I take offense to every winger or striker beating me in a sprint, coming out on top in the air. I'm not content with just giving 80%, and taking an easy paycheck. I want to be the best, want to work for it. And it's doable." That's a certainly a hard task, so it's to be seen whether he can achieve it.