Forum Clock: 2024-08-01 20:36 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elmis future in danger?
11 games in. 3 games left. And I have to say the situation is iffy at best. I was having a higher expectations before this season. Like, not a championship team, but certainly in TOP 5 and way more comfortable season than we're having right now. I'm not even sure why FM botched this. The team that was almost always taking a pride of being a good scoring team for some reason never felt that confident this season. After scoring 2 on Tokyo we went on 4 game goal drought and this really was looking depressing. Sure, there were way better success at the Cup in middle of that period, like putting 11 in two games against div 2 team Kaapstad. And finding ways how to upset Catalunya as well. But I feel like there were still higher expectations than that.

As for Elmis - more good than bad. The average rating implies that he is doing good at keeping. Though sometimes he is pissing me off with some of the worst passes goalkeeper can ever make. Letting Tokyo scoring the 4th goal in the first meeting. Shitting the bed agaisnt Catalunya in the second meeting. I'm not sure what was he doing against Sydney as I never checked that game. But looks like there is still lots of room for improvement.

But these points are light compared to this question. Should Cairo be unsuccessful in keeping the place in divison 1. What's next for Elmis? I was rather vocal in locker room and to GM himself that I'm having zero interest in playing in div 2. That's also was one of the reasons why I never wanted to be picked by an expansion team last offseason. I just don't think I will have any fun in spending my time there. All of them potential clean sheets, wins and div 2 cups; it just won't matter to me. As the division itself. I feel like it's just gonna be a waste of time early in his career. I do imagine trying to grab the div 2 title for fun when Elmis is hella old. But for now, it just doesn't matter. For the league itself this divison is a positive moment - an indication of it's growth. For me personally, it's a reason of worry.

So for now I just have to root hard against Seoul and Paris and wish they lose all 3 remaining games. Nothing personal, just business.

Hopefully we knock out a couple wins to close out the season
[Image: BecVoHU.gif]