Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:11 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 3, Chapter 5 Words - 324
Inside his living room, Squall was now faced by Jiro. As far as he knew, Jiro was a nice person, he had been in a relationship with the centre-back's best friend and had never had any ill feelings towards himself, which was entirely reciprocal. Still, Vercetti had to be blunt about some things...

Squall: Jiro, don't you have anyone else you'd instead use to test your process in regards to "popping the question"?

Jiro flopped back on the couch, cracking in annoyance and anxiousness.

Jiro: I can't! It's too difficult and too important of a question for me to trust it with anyone else.
Squall: Well, that's the goddamn point, ain't it?
Jiro: You're the best person for this, sir. You're the only one that wouldn't laugh at this.
Squall: Yes. Because I'm too annoyed to find it funny. Besides, how hard could that be? It's Ginger, she loves you and you love her.
Jiro: Don't you have anyone that you feel like that, Squall?

Squall tapped his chin and shrugged.

Squall: Afraid not.
Jiro: ...Wait, for real?
Squall: I'm too busy with soccer.
Jiro: And before that?
Squall: Too busy living.
Jiro: For love?
Squall: For pretty much everything, Jiro. You probably went to school, studied a lot, played games, read books and went on field trips. I was bouncing between the orphanage, the road and the... ahem... "reformation centre".

Jiro sighed in defeat.

Jiro: I guess that explains your lack of... well, everything.
Squall: Glad that you reminded me, yes. No wonder I care so much about soccer now, it's the only thing I genuinely have. And truth to be told, when you have something you really like... well, you don't let it go away. Ever.

He rubbed his chin, shrugging.

Squall: That's all I got from my time here, at least. You should probably think the same.
Jiro: I... I guess so. Thanks, man.
Squall: No worries. Just make Ginger happy and it'll be fine.

Jiro took a deep breath, even more so when the door opened and Ginger arrived.
It was now or never.