Forum Clock: 2024-08-02 04:47 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THEME WEEK - Sim League Idol
I’ve had lots of “sim league idols” over the years, since I am an ancient has-been. I could probably name five or six people for this, dating back to when I joined the SHL six years ago. Playing for Winnipeg there, it was hard not to look up to Leafs4Ever, who was the team’s GM for its first 30 seasons.

There have been others along the way, especially GMs I’ve played under in several leagues such as Shaka and MWHazard and also shared a locker room with arguably one of the best SHL players in Jason Visser (ToeDragon). I’ve been pretty fortunate, all things told, and that’s not including many friends I’ve made along the way.

As far as someone 75% of the people who will even have a chance to read this (but won’t) before moving on with their fake soccer lives might actually know about? It’s tough since I’m just getting back into the sim league world, but I’ve always had a huge amount of respect and admiration for @sköldpaddor.

Firstly, so many of her sim players are absolute beasts. I got to be teammates in SHL with Gunnar Soderberg, and obviously people here are familiar with Helena Soderberg. Not only are they accomplished fake athletes, but they always have intriguing backstories, which is something you don’t see much of in these leagues, but I always appreciate them.

She’s also become such an instrumental and pivotal member in so many leagues, taking on various head office/board of director roles. I honestly don’t know how she finds the time for it, but all of these leagues are better for it.

Perhaps more importantly, she’s a wonderful human being, a great friend, an outspoken voice for equality, and so much more. So yeah, when I grow up I want to be more like skoldpaddor. Long may the Turtle Lord reign.

Her kid is pretty cute, too.