Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 00:27 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasonal Pierre Houde Review (S6 Edition)
Here's the seasonal Pierre Houde review that no one asked for! This is the only thing I've thought about for inspiration to earn my TPE this week, so I'll look at Pierre's stats so far this season compared to how he did in previous season and give my opinion on whether Pierre has been playing well... or not.

First, I have to say that Cairo has been playing much better. They already have 5 wins in Division 1 play, two more than they had in Season 5. While they weren't capable of replicating their cup success of last season, they still passed the first round, so overall Cairo is playing better than they were. I'll keep that in mind when evaluating Pierre's season.

As always, I'll only look at league games so I'll only have to look at one page in the index, yes I'm that lazy! Pierre has 11 appearances this season, which means he has started all but one game for Cairo and I understand the manager for benching Pierre at some point, but more on that later.

Let's start by distance covered. I've often said that Pierre is really lazy on the pitch, so let's see if it's any better this season. Pierre covers about 12 kilometers per game in S6, up from 11.3 kilometers per game in S5. I made sure Pierre was more involved and looking at that stat, it looks like he is, so good job here. His average rating has been stuck at 6.92 for the past two seasons and we're right around that this season with a 6.91, worrying since Cairo is playing better as a whole. After scoring two goals in his first two seasons, Pierre has yet to find the back of the net this season, but his xG is up from 0.36 in S5 to 0.54 in S6. Still pretty bad, but it's an improvement! Pierre has attempted 6 shots and has yet to have one on target this season. It's not like the net is too small Pierre, learn to aim! Pierre has always been a pretty great passer and he continues to prove it, with a 96.82 pass%, that's 4th in the entire Division 1! Pierre keeps getting worse on headers, with only a 81.5% header%, down from last season's 84%, but he seems more involved, so at least that's something. For the first time in his career, he has made a dribble! Three in fact! Go Pierre! As always, Pierre is a center back who doesn't tackle, which makes me wonders what he's doing on the pitch. Interceptions and clearances are also down and he has made his traditional mistake leading to a goal. It can't be Pierre Houde without a mistake leading to a goal, right ?

That's about it for Pierre Houde this season. On paper, he seems more involved, but his defensive stats are all way down, which makes me wonder what he's doing on the pitch. See you next season!