Forum Clock: 2024-08-03 05:09 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pib - The Scout Report
I’ve only been scouted by a few teams since creating within the SSL, so I figured this was a good way to answer some of the more common questions that are being asked, in a public format. Given that the league uses a live draft system, this may be useful to someone if they need to make a snap decision on whether to take me. Let’s not dance around the fire and get right into it.

What are your plans for your player and/or time in the SSL?

I want to win stuff. Not individually but as a team. If we’re not winning, that’s fine, so long as we’re competitive and/or continue to put in all the effort necessary to put ourselves in the best possible position to do so.

You have created as a DM. Are you willing to position swap?

Yup! I’ll fill whatever role is necessary. Need someone to sit at LB and watch the game playout, while doing absolutely nothing but hugging the touchline and occasionally abusing the opposing manager? I’m your guy.

Do you have much experience with the sim?

I do. I’ve been playing the series since Championship Manager 2 (95/96 edition) and thoroughly love it. We’re talking thousands of hours over the decades. I'm by no means suggesting that I'm an expert but it should make the transition from being a liability to a constructive user a little quicker, while also a little less painful.

Do you have any other sim league experience?

I’ve only ever taken part in one other sim league, which was the ISFL. This is primarily because I’m British and have precisely zero interest in baseball, hockey or any of the other popular sports among sim leagues. However, being British, I’m quite partial to proper football. Yes, I said it. Do not draft.

Are you planning to earn well?

Yup. The SSL seems quite easy to develop in, so there’s little to no chance of burnout or similar here. The fact that it has affiliate PT’s with the ISFL just further simplifies this process for me.

Are you active in the locker room?

Usually, yes. If there's a good convo taking place, I'll jump in. If I haven't said anything in the LR for a while, I'll jump in just to say hi or whatever. You know, keeping up appearances. However, my primary contribution on this front will be discord reactions and animated gifs, as the good lord intended.

But Pib, I have more questions!

Don’t we all, don’t we all. You should reach out on Discord!