Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:16 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - Season 3, Chapter 9 Words - 306
Once again, Squall found himself getting awoken by someone else ringing his home's bell. He was somewhat upset, his team had just gotten eliminated from the cup and was obviously slightly ticked off. Still, the Tokyo defender could cool down a bit as he walked further to reach for the door. As he did so, however, he found the Kunoichi Twins in front of his door. This also wasn't the first time that happened as they had reached out to him ever since he acquired their wrestling federation to ask about all sorts of things. Squall sighed.

Squall: Hey, you're back.
Ibuki: Yes, sir!
Yama: Yes, we're here to ask about a couple of things!
Squall: You know you could've just given me a call, right? I mean... you... have my number, right?

The twins looked at each other before shaking their heads at him.

Squall: ...Of course. Get in, then, so we can talk while you're more comfortable.

What followed was a surprising lot of talking, the twins going over all sorts of operational matters, roster signing matters and even the eventual promising talent that had appeared in their latest recruiting session. All that just seemed to pass over the centre-back's head, for he seemed to not understand much of those specifics. At last, the twins decided to make a more curious question.

Ibuki: We also...
Yama: We also got challenged by a men's federation and they want a shoot fight.
Squall: That so?
Ibuki: Yes, we wanted to ask if...
Squall: Eh, I can take them on.
Ibuki: I-I-It's just one person, don't worry!
Squall: Eh, alright. Give me the name.

Yama handed him a piece of paper with the picture of a muscle-bound guy. Squall chuckled, slapping the paper briefly.

Squall: ...Yeah, I can take him on but first...

He pulled out his phone.

Squall: Let's see if they won't fire me for this. The league's a bit special you know.