Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 03:03 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S8 Stream of Consciousness
Well, it pains me to say that S8 will be my last season as the Manager/Assistant/Interim/Tactician (I don’t know what my position actually was) of Cairo City FC. We have spent the past few seasons over in Cairo fighting tooth and nail to stay up in Division 1, and we had some decent seasons under my management, including a 4th place finish which could have been at least 2nd with a little more luck. I had fun managing the team and trying to put together tactics. Unfortunately, the offseason before S8 did not go very good dor Cairo, as I lost out on just about every FA/Loan/Trade I was in on, and not for a lack of trying. I offered better trade packages and offerings for D1 playing time, but players even chose D2 teams over Cairo City. I truly do not understand as we were a pretty solid D1 that looked just a piece or 2 away from contending, but alas it did not happen.

Being on the home stretch with my undergrad and just trying to get out more and break out of my post-quarantine shell, I simply was not able to put aside the time to test sim that is required to beat teams like Hollywood, Tokyo, and Athenai. I think the nail in the coffin for me was our first matchup vs @Matty86 and USP, where I actually tested for about 4 and a half hours and could not find one tactic that got us a win. I do not think that USP’s roster was that much better than ours, if at all. It seemed like nothing I did worked. Lack of time, discouraging tests, and shit luck in actual game days led to me not putting in the work required to be a GM in the SSL. For that, I’d like to apologize to the Cairo City roster for the disappointing season.

If you want to GM in this league, please make sure that you have ample free time to set aside to test simming, ESPECIALLY if you want to compete in Division 1. Try to get others involved with the management process. Unfortunately, there was no interest in anyone helping me out in Cairo. Still haven’t had a real GM here in Cairo since G2019 stepped down a few months ago and I stepped in to make sure the team didn’t go without someone at least doing the daily operations. If you are interested in management, please consider applying here: https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showt...t=0&#entry36067