Forum Clock: 2024-09-09 01:32 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attacking defender 11: Struggle with the curveball
Its been a couple weeks but basically theres a wall I'm running into where its just really hard for me to figure out how to make it all work. The real issues I'm facing is an economy of positions issue.

I don't have a team thats built for a 3atb without wingbacks and putting wingers at wingback takes a special kind of winger that knows how to tackle or have positioning.

And thats not counting the biggest issue with an attacking defender-type team, winning. See when you start winning teams without answers will lean into whats successful for lesser teams. And whats always been successful for the weaker team is to bunker up and try to hit the other team on the counter.

Being stuck as the team who has to break down the other team is not something you can do with the kind of forward facing pressing game, as the other team won't be coming out of its shell in any kind of organized way. when it does come out of its shell the other team will be playing directly, negating the press and forceing your team to use its energy running end over end to cover the lateral spaces of the pitch.

I suppose this is a lesson that you need to have multiple tactics to deploy for these situations. One tactic to drop back into possession and pass around such a rigid space to maximize possession and to efficiently use what chances come, and another for the teams that will come out of their shell. the problem then is to find use for your attacking defender when you need to neither attack or defend.