Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 22:15 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jules Pelletier interview leading up to the draft
LILLE, FRANCE

In the northern French city of Lille, near the Belgian border, about 200 kilometres north of Paris, the SSL's next great forward is anxiously anticipating the upcoming SSL Entry Draft. 18 year old Jules Pelletier, younger cousin of former AS Paris player Sebastien Pelletier, has already become somewhat of a local celebrity in his hometown, with many locals greatly anticipating his upcoming debut in the greatest football league in the world. As for Pelletier himself, he hasn't let it get to his head - the striker understands that, though there may be excitement in the air, he still has a lot to prove.

"Jules, in anticipation of the SSL Entry Draft, how are you feeling? Excited, maybe nervous?"

Oh, I'm definitely excited, and I'm DEFINITELY nervous. With the draft comes uncertainty, not knowing and not having much control over what my future holds. It's a scary prospect for sure, but I'm excited for it - the SSL will be the greatest challenge I've ever faced. I'm very excited.

"Your cousin Sebastien used to play in the SSL, do you think there's a certain pressure that comes with sharing a last name with another player?"

Not for me, no. I remember growing up we'd visit Seb's side of the family every few months. The two of us would always play together. He'd beat me most of the time, but that's just because he's a few years older so, y'know, he had the size advantage. But now, I'm on my way to the SSL, so my goal here is to show that I am the better player, to get back at him for all of that. (laughs)

"The SSL has teams all around the world. Any particular destinations you would prefer?"

I don't think so. I am the kind of guy who can fit in pretty much anywhere. Sure, being in a top team from the start would be kind of cool - but so would starting from the bottom and helping a struggling team find its way to success. I just love football, I just want to get on the pitch as soon as possible - I don't care too much about which color shirt I end up in, I'm just happy to be here at all.

"How would you describe your playstyle?"

I get the ball into the goal. It's as simple as that. I try to find the best way to do that considering my situation, so sometimes I will take the shot myself, sometimes I will set it up for my teammates if I see a good opportunity. Some strikers can be quite self-centered, always wanting to be the ones scoring the goals, I am not like that. I just care about getting the ball across the goal line, I don't really care if it's me scoring it or if it's someone else scoring it as long as the team scores. I'm kind of like a goalkeeper in that way, you know? A goalkeeper also doesn't care if they make the save or if someone else blocks the shot, as long as the enemy doesn't score on you it's okay.