Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 19:24 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torres Reflects on Early Success
We're closing in on the end of the season, but there's still a lot of excitement surrounding the inaugural season of the Simulation Soccer League. Cairo City still holds the top spot in the league and is close to clinching the title of first league champions. One of the players leading the charge for this team has been Franco Torres, who has really grown into a league sensation, after winning the starting striker position for Cairo City FC. Here are his thoughts on how everything's turned out so far:

"Ya, it's been great. I was drafted with my team's last pick so I didn't expect to be the starting striker on opening day. It was a bit disappointing, but there really isn't much you can do about that. I continued to train hard and the coaching staff here in Cairo City have rewarded me with that starting spot. Once I snagged it, I really didn't wanna let it go so I'm trying my best to give them a reason to keep me here. I have a few teammates that are really good in their own right and could probably fill the net if they had to. Davy Mac, Narsko Koivu, and Jakup Larsen all come to mind as solid offensive threats.

I'm hoping to continue building off this early success. I'm leading the entire SSL in goals. 9 in regular play and 1 in the Cup tournament. If I can finish it off strong here, I might be able to make a case for a larger contract once this first one expires. I don't wanna reveals my cards too early, but I don't see another team right now that interests me enough to consider moving there. However, I will be looking for a big payday if my play continues strongly into next season."
[Image: BecVoHU.gif]