Forum Clock: 2024-05-10 23:54 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Content Engagement Awards.
The only other post I've seen in this suggestion box was @[omnicius] suggesting adding reactions to posts on the forums - which I agree with if technologically feasible, because it immediately increases engagement by rewarding good content, and rewarding good reactions to content.<br><br>I had another idea for rewarding good content in this league. We have awards for best players of the year at any given position, best GM, etc.<br><br>What about having weekly or seasonal awards for best content? Or bonus TPE for the best of each season's batch of career tasks?<br><br>There could be: <ul><li>graphic of the season</li><li>article of the year</li><li>graphic of the week</li><li>article of the week</li><li>career task of the season (either one overall or one per career task)</li></ul><br>Having these could encourage more original SSL content, and alert more people to the existence of SSL content most worth checking out.

I think jcink is relatively restrictive when it comes to reactions to posts. We are long-term looking at another solution for forum hosting that should be able to provide us with more flexibility, but as with all long-term projects they take time. <br><br>As for the suggestions of additional more user-focused rewards, I can definitely stand behind that if we are able to get more people involved behind the scenes. The majority of the work preparing the resources for the Award members and organizing the voting is done by <a href='index.php?showuser=67' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-6'>@RashfordU</a>, a user who is also a Manager, member of the BoD, doing all the prediction posting and grading etc. If we were to have more people helping out behind the scenes to divide the workload there can be more opportunities for other user-focused awards.<br><br>If someone is interested in helping out with anything regarding the league, just shoot me a DM or look at the different <a href='https://simsoccer.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=25' rel='nofollow noopener' target='_blank'>open positions available</a>.
[Image: 0HMDG8L.png]
Thanks to @sulovilen

I'm returning to this old thread with a more specific, different idea.<br><br>I think I was wrong to focus on rewarding the content creators with TPE (though that's obviously welcome). The right thing to incentivize is having people engage with SSL content. That engagement is what makes content creation most rewarding, and advances the culture of the league.<br><br>So, in a few broad strokes: the league already uses forum replies for claims (activity checks, predictions, etc.). I propose a variant on that.<br><br><br>1 - Monday of every week (or two weeks? pick a regular frequency), users are invited to nominate the SSL content of the the week for the preceding week.<br>They do this by: (A) posting a reply to the content they liked in the forums, and (B) linking to it from... somewhere (TBD by someone who understands our tech better. A weekly forum post? A Google form? Help me out.)<br><br>2- later the same week, someone looks at the reply counts to content, discord chatter, and whatever is used in 1B above to find the top content. The top 4 bits of content are put in a poll - ideally in discord, possibly in a google form.<br><br>3 - the poll closes. All those who commented in that content's forum thread are eligible for reward. The creator of that content gets a separate reward.<br><br>I'll leave it to others to calibrate the rewards, and whether everyone gets them or a lottery happens among them. The point isn't to generate more TPE or $, but rather to have more user-made content get noticed and discussed - to have people see the league's culture and be a part of it.<br><br>