Forum Clock: 2024-09-08 23:44 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jailbird - A Vercetti story - S4C8 Words - 303
The noise of a broken window. Squall's eyes opened wide shut from the noise. He briefly observed if there was anyone and his room and found nothing before trying his best not to make any noises as he got up. He used the conceal himself as he sneaked around the room, in the off-chance someone was there. For most people, that would've been an unthinkable behavior but that was perfectly understandable for someone with his past.

He then opened the door enough to pass into the main room, once he failed to find anything that would've been remotely out of place. In the living room, however, he heard something. Rushed breathing. He could also make a shape of a lady struggling against the door, having broken in somehow. He had maybe a minute to get in position and do what one would expect.

Half an hour later, the condo saw its surroundings covered by the police. Squall was resting on his couch, lights turned on as the agent he had heard of was now meeting him eye-to-eye. Agent Lee. Agent Joon Lee, to be precise. A lean, smart lady whose looks were somehow familiar to him yet he couldn't quite pin it.

Lee: It seems we've finally met, Mr. Vercetti.
Vercetti: Yeah. Shame it's this late but I at least got the lady you guys wanted.

Sure enough, there was a lady on the ground, knocked out cold and tied down by that point. A single kick was all it took for Squall to take down this mythical assassin. Crazy how things are.

Vercetti: Sorry if I sounded cocky. I gotta admit I forgot about her over my personal matters, though.
Lee: You sound rather relaxed, not cocky.
Vercetti: Well... that's because I'm holding my anger to the guy who's sold me that door. Stuff should've been harder to break into.