Forum Clock: 2024-07-12 03:25 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Jude #9: Winger Keeps Faith in Rookie Run-in
MONTRÉAL, Quebec, Canada -- Jude Greer’s first instinct on returning to the visiting locker room at Stade Fleur-de-lis was to run over and pull teammate Momo Adamu into a big hug.

“My man,” Greer said, a big smile on his face as he celebrated his teammate’s first goal of the season.

It’s clear that despite a subpar season and the attempts of certain pundits to drive a wedge between the two wide defenders, the working partnership between Greer and Adamu has only been strengthened over the course of the year.

The display of solidarity came in the wake of Cairo’s 4-2 victory over Montréal United on Friday. Adamu scored the final goal in Cairo’s tally, adding to two strikes on target by left winger Coffee Biscuit and an additional score from striker Zlatan ibruhimovic. Les Fleurs’ contribution to the scoring came courtesy of a brace from striker Pål Vaffel.

“Momo keeps getting better, and that’s pushed me to get better too,” Greer explained. “So when one of us does really well, it’s like we both do.”

Even with only two games remaining in the Simulation Soccer League Minor League season, Greer isn’t quite ready to reflect on his year.

“Anything can happen in those last two games,” Greer said. “It’s been kinda rough at times, but I ain’t calling the season over ‘til it’s over. Two more games left against Paris and Seoul, and then we can talk about the season being over.”

Greer still has been credited with just one assist to date, despite playing every minute of his debut season.

“Like I said, I ain’t worried about stats right now,” Greer said when asked about his contribution. “I just wanna get through this year and learn all I can. And then next year’s when the fun’s really gonna get started.”

(301 words)
[Image: s7qRFFN.png]