Forum Clock: 2024-07-03 19:17 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointing start or a light at the end of the tunnel?
The start of the season did not go how Khabiri would've liked it to but it could've also gone worse. He made his SSL Academy debut
with Sydney City against Victoria Falls, who were predicted as the favorites to finish first. Khabiri made sure to turn some heads with a solid performance against the strong VF side with 7 saves and multiple completed passes in a 0-2 loss where Sydney got dominated. Misagh finished with a 7.1 rating at the end of the match, which was the highest on the team in a game where he was kept busy from start to finish.
"Yeah, unfortunate loss but what else can you do? It's our first game with each other it'll take some time for us to gel and mesh together, but we'll build that chemistry soon. I would say keeping a team as strong a Victoria Falls to only 2 goals, one being an own goal is a solid start which we're looking to bounce back from. I heard some people being impressed with how I played, and to that I say that this is just the beginning. I've got way more to show and I won't hesitate to."
Some encouraging and optimistic words from Misagh Khabiri, now it's up to him and Sydney City to show they're about it, rather than just being all talk. January 18th Thursday is the next time they play, it should be a good one.
[Image: artworks-b5yb64z0fqMjWPun-IFFGbA-t500x500.jpg]