Forum Clock: 2024-07-01 17:37 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Meeting with Expansion Teams?
Ottawa, ON -- With the news of the successful managers in the SSL expansion bid, one season 2 draft prospect has already been spotted meeting with general managers and could be on his way to one of these future franchises.

Dorian Lexington, regarded as a fantastic centreback teams will be fighting for over in the draft, was seen meeting with future GM Big Newff in a Newfoundland cafe over the weekend. Big Newff, a star winger for the Maine Timber, has the connection to the Toast player agency who manage the Timber. It would not be surprising if the two were meeting to discuss the possibility of having Lexington head to the expansion franchise as their star player at the draft.

The relationship between the Toast player agency and Big Newff has been established over the last year but the agency also has connections to the other successful expansion franchise being led by Tim and Omni.

Initially it was expected that all the season 2 players who were declaring to join the SSL would join a waiver wire but after the boom in popularity, the league may be forced to go with an entry draft to support the amount of players who will be joining the league.

"I have heard nothing but great things about Newff," said Lexington through an online interview. "I am open to joining any SSL franchise and I know that I would make an impact immediately. I want to play for a team that has the goal of being one of the best in the league and I'm going to do what I can to help that goal as well."

Lexington and several other prospects will likely have all teams reaching out to them over the next week or two as the league looks forward to how it can improve for its second season. Keep an eye on these prospects!

CODE