Forum Clock: 2024-05-20 11:13 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recap on a memorable debut
Nerves were always going to be high prior to kick off. After all this is the first game of the season, anything can happen. As such a good start to the season would be crucial for Montreal. And of course not just Montreal but also for Clara who is making her debute for the team. While she is originally a winger, she has been playing on both wings and as an attacking midfielder throughout her younger years as such she has experience on all three of those positons. Given that she was not against when the boss told her that she was going to play more as an attacking midfielder. She was quite fine with that in fact.

At the start of the game, Montreal had three goals disallowed due to offside within the first 12 mintues of the game. Which made some player quite a bit frustrated. Including Clara herself, however her midfield partner Zhihao Wang -with whom she was already building a good relationship with throughout their training sessions- has managed to calm Clara's nerves early game which was more than welcomed by the german. So much so that around the 14th minute mark, Clara managed to produce a rather dangerous low cross from which Montreal managed to win a penalty. Standing behind the ball to take that penalty was none other than Clara herself. Taking a deep breathe Clara would slot the ball into the back of the net, finally giving Montreal the lead that they so deserved. From that moment onward they did not look back as they ended up thrashing Kaapstad 7-0. Clara was outstanding throughout the game as she manage to convert another penalty -which lands her at 2/2 when it comes to taken penalites after the game- and also managed to create a further 3 assists. Out of those 3 assists one was a deflection from a long rage effort from the german. She was of course a bit devestated at first as she was already on two goals at the moment however as she would later learn that had the defflection not occur the goalkeeper could of likely saved her shot. Nevertheless Clara has produced a debut that she will remember fondly, earning a 10.0 match rating and a man of the match award on top of that which she was very proud of. it's safe to say her debut went amazingly.

At the end of the match, Clara could not help but to run up to Wang who was giving her some excellent passes throughout the game and also some very crucial advices too. As such, she felt she had to share her happiness with him. Once she caught up to the central midfielder, with a little hop she would put one arm around his shoulder and hold him rather close " What an excellent game this was, eh? Thank you for the advice, it really helped me a lot today. " Intentionally or not Clara also kind of managed to startle Wang who then went on to reply " No need to thank me at all, everything came from your own two feet today! I'm very happy for you, I'm sure this is just the start. " Those words were much appreciated by Clara however she did not want to take all the credit herself, Wang's encouraging words helped her a lot. " Still, you helped me calm my nerves after our first 3 goals were disallowed. And that helped me stay calm during the pen, so it was much appreciated. " While Wang looked calm in those moments, during their conversation he did admit that he wasn't so calm either " I was a bit frustrated too honestly, but it's important we keep our composure. The goal you scored helped the whole team remove that weight, that's the only reason we won by so many. " Those words were much appreciated by Clara, with a smile she replied " I just did my part like everyone else did. You gave me some really nice passes too, did you not? All those bits helped us today so hopefully this is the begining to a great season for us. " The two were in agreement in that regard as Wang added " Absolutely, lets keep this momentum going into the next one, we have a long season ahead " Clara nodded in agreement to what Wang said as the two made their way to the tunnel. It's safe to say that Clara was very much satisfied with her performance on her debut.

(750 words)