Forum Clock: 2024-10-16 09:28 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the Beta test of the Portal
Beta Test Launch of the SSL Portal
This has been a long and winding road, but I am finally ready to publish a BETA TEST for the new SSL Portal. We have had an ALPHA TEST running in the last month but in anticipation of the official launch of version 1 of the Portal in a couple of weeks I wanted to get it out there for the public to both get a feel for the mechanics and find those pesky little bugs that might have slipped through the cracks.

If you come from a league that uses a similar system of a portal, I want you to note that this portal is not a copy of them. I have developed this on my own using a language that is not necessarily built for this big of an application which means that there might be some "features" that some might consider bugs. One thing you might experience is slightly slower loading/response times.

To report any bugs found, I have created a Portal Bugs channel in the League Discord. You may also submit a bug report using the Bug Report Form and I will try and make contact either via forum PMs or via Discord.

ANYTHING CURRENTLY DONE IN THE PORTAL IS NOT PERMANENT! YOU WILL STILL NEED TO ACT AS NORMAL TO EARN AND UPDATE ON THE FORUM UP UNTIL THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH HAPPENS.

How do I access it?
You can access the beta version of the portal via https://index.simulationsoccer.com/. You will then be prompted to login using your Forum credentials.

[Image: 3KsyriP.png]

What functionality is in the Portal?
One of the main things that the introduction of the portal will change is earning and updating. Once you have logged in you will load a welcome screen that shows some recent game results, current standings and some overall user/player statistics.

[Image: bDE9rjN.png]

If you already have a non-retired player, you will see a menu item on the left side called "Your Player" which will take you to a player overview. If you don't have a non-retired player you will instead see a "Create" menu item which will take you to a place to create a new player.

[Image: TVLvFEJ.png]

In the TPE box, you will be able to claim your weekly Activity Checks and any seasonal TPE such as the Training Camp.

In the Player Overview box, you see an overview of your player's attributes with a color coding based on the value of those attributes. 5-9 is red, 10-14 is yellow and 15-20 is green. Clicking on the button on the top right, you get access to any updating mechanics you are eligible for. Updating and Regression are the two common ones that you will see during your player's career, but new players will also have access to Redistributions and Rerolls.

[Image: 6rTELGX.png]

Clicking on Update sends you to an updating box where you can increase any attributes dependent on your currently banked TPE. You will be prompted to confirm any changes so make sure that the updates you are submitting are the ones you actually want to submit.

[Image: wT57uqM.png]

How does this change the PTs structure?
As activity checks moves to the portal, the forum will still be used to earn the remaining 6 capped TPE. We will shortly introduce a new process where one PT thread is posted every week and in order to claim the 6 TPE you will have to post in the thread either:
  • a link to your article (or article reply), graphic, or podcast posted in their respective subforums,
  • an affiliate link similar to what we currently use in our affiliate threads,
  • a PT pass if you hold an SSL job.

The PT team will then go through the post every week, "grade" and report the earned TPE to the Portal. You will be able to see your TPE earnings on your Player Page in the last box, TPE History.

[Image: M0GW3cQ.png]

ANYTHING CURRENTLY DONE IN THE PORTAL IS NOT PERMANENT! YOU WILL STILL NEED TO ACT AS NORMAL TO EARN AND UPDATE ON THE FORUM UP UNTIL THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH HAPPENS.

Planned functionality
I plan to add both the SSL Bank and the SSL Index to the portal but I am not sure whether that will be in time for the official launch or not. There will probably also be some cosmetic or information changes in the coming weeks that I'll try and inform as a reply to this announcement.

Once the official version 1 of the portal is ready to launch there will be a new announcement. As of right now, test everything you can in the portal and report any and all bugs you find! If you have any questions or comments, please let me or anyone else in the BoD know.

/Canadice on behalf of the BoD.
[Image: 0HMDG8L.png]
Thanks to @sulovilen

very nice, W update
[Image: bGa5TIJ.jpeg]

SSL BANK
The Portal now has all aspects of the SSL Bank.

First you can see your bank history on your player page:
[Image: ZlMQ2tb.png]

The Player Store can be accessed via the menu on the left. This is where you will find all the different items you can purchase for your player:
[Image: 8ayvoJK.png]

As you browse and click on the different items, the bottom part of the page will tally the sum of all purchases. Clicking on Verify purchase will prompt you with a purchase summary.

Members of the PT team, Bank team and managers will also see the Bank Deposits menu where any and all deposits to a player's account will be handled. You import a .csv file with the player name and amount to be deposited and will be given a result to double check that everything is correct.

[Image: rPpO6q9.png]

Bankers will see a Process Transactions menu where all Bank Deposits can be checked and approved or rejected.

[Image: JNYnIV0.png]

Please test out these new features and report any bugs discovered!
Thanks to @sulovilen

Version update 0.9.1
--- The portal now has a Guest mode where people who do not have a current user or just don't want to login can see the "static" information held therein. As a guest you will not see any interactive functionality but you have access to the SSL Index.

[Image: fLLygGE.png]

--- An updated version of the SSL Index will eventually be transferred to the Portal. You can access the two pages of the application, the Portal and the Index, via the buttons at the top right of the header. The Index now only contains four tables of basic and advanced statistics for outfielders and keepers.

[Image: OS1n73d.png]

[Image: C9UwI59.png]

[Image: 0nPQ98i.png]
Thanks to @sulovilen

Very nice! Looking forward to more developments!