Forum Clock: 2024-07-01 18:16 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interests, Family Life, and Injury History
When I was younger, I want to say... around 6 years old or, hell, even 7 years old, I had a deep interest in sports after I saw my cousin, Sam, playing basketball. I knew there was a multitude of sports which I could pick from; soccer, basketball and follow Sam, hockey, hell, even become a baseball player, something I've wanted since I was 6 up until I was 11. At 6 years old, I tried basketball, then dropped it immediately. I was having fun, but it seemed more like a hobby to me than something I'd want to play professionally. I then tried hockey. I didn't like it at all; maybe it was my lack of knowing how everything worked, but I didn't like either field or ice hockey. I tried Baseball and liked it. I played on a little league team for a bit, then got bored of baseball... then I moved on to soccer. I loved it; it was just kicking a ball around and I loved it. The only thing it required was your foot and coordination, something I, for the most part, had.

Growing up, I lived with my dad, Gregory, as well as occasionally living with Sam's dad, Roger, and his mom, Jessica, until I was about 11 when Sam graduated and was heading to high school. From then, I only lived with my dad. My uncle and aunt had moved about a city away and, since we had no car, I hadn't thought of visiting. The reason we didn't have a car was that my school was extremely close to me.

When I was about 12, I encountered something; pain. I twisted my ankle after running and stepping weirdly. Now, I wasn't going to be one of those overexaggerating players who fake an injury or pain, but it did bother me enough to the point where I stopped the play at that point to tell my coach. I was subbed out and had it looked at; it was just a twisted ankle. I could opt out of play for the day and play tomorrow and so I did. I sat out for the rest of the game and played the next. My ankle felt a lot better, I just restricted myself to a little less than 100% so that I could properly heal. My injury history looks something like this:
CODE
Injury List | Duration
Twisted Ankle | 3 days
Twisted Knee | 14 days
Sore Hamstring | 17 days
Sore Knee | 8 days