Forum Clock: 2024-09-20 05:00 PDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Biography [Open to All Players not in regression]
Charlie was born deep in football country. American football country, that is. Jackson, Louisiana, which is about a half-hour drive north from Baton Rouge. He wasn't much of an athlete at a young age. While most of his friends wanted to be football players, Charlie was more interested in comic books, or dreaming about the mysteries of space.

At 11, his family moved to St Paul, Minnesota after his mother took a research position at the University of Minnesota Med School. With such a long-distance move, his parents insisted he take up a sport at his new school to help him meet new people and make friends. When he entered 7th grade he decided to give soccer a try. He took to it immediately, and it quickly became a big part of his life.

While he enjoyed the sport, he didn't take it all that seriously in the beginning. He worked hard in practice, but mostly because he was having fun. Improving or being successful was not even on his mind until he entered high school. In high school, the players and coaches took things much more seriously. The change in attitude forced Charlie to take a long look at everything he was doing, and he realized it made him enjoy soccer even more. Having specific goals regarding skill development, technique, and strategy, and focusing on success in competition drove him in a way he had never experienced. In particular, he found he enjoyed the physical training, especially when he started seeing the results. The sense of physical progression was addictive.

From the start, he was often the biggest, strongest, and fastest kid on the field. Once he sprouted and started taking his weight training seriously, people began to notice him. He started getting some attention from competitive youth clubs, offering him better competition and opportunities to improve that his public school team couldn't. He suddenly saw a path to making this a long-term part of his life and feed his addiction to physical improvement.

-I don't see a way to properly link my player page from the portal
Hi, my name is Rich. My player is Charlie Chambers. Let's all have fun.
Signup to be a guest on my podcast!